How does the Appointments System Work?
If your problem is urgent you can be seen on the same day. We also have a telephone appointments system where you can discuss your problem with a doctor on the phone, rather than coming to the surgery in person.
Please note that we have very few appointments that can be booked for the same day and these are reserved for urgent cases
On your first phone call, you will be offered the following options:
- An appointment with your own doctor or another doctor.
- The opportunity to speak to your doctor or another doctor on the phone.
- An appointment with a triage nurse, if it is a problem a nurse can deal with
- An appointment at one of our clinics, if that’s appropriate.
If you want to cancel an appointment, please let as know as soon as possible so we can offer the appointment to another patient.
On the day Appointments
To book on the day appointments, call us at 08:15 that day and please don’t be put off if you are in a queue as there are multiple people answering calls especially at busy periods so the queue should reduce quite quickly.
How to book an Appointment
Making the Most of your Appointment
Before your appointment:
- Write down your two or three most important questions.
- Write down details of your symptoms, including when they started and what makes them better or worse.
- Ask a friend or family member to come with you, if you like. Especially if they help care for you.
During your appointment:
- Don’t be afraid to ask if you don’t understand. For example ‘Can you say that again? I still don’t understand.’?
- If you don’t understand any words, ask for them to be written down and explained.
- Write things down, or ask a family member or friend to take notes.
Improved Access – HUB Appointments
Patients who are registered with one of the 21 surgeries within West Norfolk are able to access an improved access appointment at either the Kings Lynn, or the Swaffham hub.